WINNIPEG, MB – May 3, 2022 – Farmers Edge Inc. (“Farmers Edge” or the “Company”) (TSX: FDGE), a global leader in digital agriculture, today issued its inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report (“The ESG Report”) highlighting the Company’s deep commitment to sustainable agriculture and addressing some of the world’s greatest societal challenges. The ESG Report details Farmers Edge environmental, social, and governance achievements to date and the founding principles that will guide how the Company governs and operates in alignment with the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
“Sustainability and integrity have always been at the core of what we do at Farmers Edge — helping farmers grow more with less through unbiased, data-driven insights,” says Wade Barnes, Founder and CEO of Farmers Edge. “We’re proud of our work to advance sustainable agriculture and create an inclusive culture. There is still work to do as we continue our ESG journey. It takes all of us to come together to make a meaningful impact on the planet and the communities we serve, and we recognize the importance of holding ourselves accountable. The launch of the inaugural ESG Report signifies our ongoing commitment to being a responsible corporate partner and operating our business with the highest standards of ethics as we support the global mission to decarbonize the planet, end world hunger, and ensure inclusivity and equality for all.”
“The inaugural ESG Report is an important first step in creating awareness about our environmental, social, and governance commitments, aligning our strategy with UN SDGs, and setting the framework for actively measuring and reporting on our performance,” says Bill McFarland, Chair of the Board.
Key takeaways from the ESG Report include:
- Aligning with global sustainability targets by directly and indirectly supporting nine of the seventeen United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Supporting a net-zero value chain by joining Value Change Initiative (VCI) alongside 57 other VCI global members and 16 Food and Agri Working Group participants to develop industry guidance documents and make a net-zero value chain possible.
- Reducing on-farm emissions through Smart Carbon, a program that focuses on the generation of high-quality, verifiable carbon credits for sale in the regulated (AEOR Registry) and voluntary markets in North America with future plans for global implementation.
- Understanding and lowering the Company’s environmental footprint with the achievement of zero emissions from the Company’s data center through Google Cloud and enrollment in the Climate Smart Program to measure, report, and improve on corporate greenhouse gas emissions.
- Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace through the implementation of the Diversity and Inclusion Policy, plus ongoing commitment to creating equal opportunities for all with women currently holding 40% of executive positions.
About Farmers Edge
Farmers Edge is a global leader in digital agriculture, revolutionizing the industry with a broad portfolio of proprietary technological innovations, spanning hardware, software, and services. Powered by a unique combination of connected field sensors, artificial intelligence, big data analytics, and agronomic expertise, the Company’s digital platform turns data into actions and intelligent insights, delivering value to all stakeholders of the agricultural ecosystem. Farmers Edge disruptive technologies accelerate digital adoption on the farm and beyond, protecting our global resources and ensuring sustainable food production for a rapidly growing population. For more information, please visit www.farmersedge.ca and SEDAR (www.sedar.com).
Certain statements in this press release constitute forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities legislation and reflect the Company’s current expectations regarding future events. Forward-looking information is based on a number of key expectations and assumptions made by Farmers Edge. Forward-looking information is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, that could cause actual results and events to differ materially from those that are disclosed in or implied by such forward-looking information. Those risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the factors discussed under “Forward-Looking Information” and “Risk Factors” in the Company’s most recent Annual Information Form, and under the “Risk and Uncertainties” section in the Company’s management discussion and analysis filed March 25, 2022, each of which are available on the Company’s website (www.farmersedge.ca/investor-relations/) and on SEDAR (www.sedar.com). The Company does not undertake any obligation to update such forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as expressly required by applicable law.
Farmers Edge Media Relations: